Research Web Site
Resweb is a web server implemented
to support the research endeavors here at
researcher’s web site should adhere to the following:
· The web site is maintained by the researcher and should contain information pertinent to the researcher’s work.
· The web site is not meant as a personal web site although some personal content is acceptable.
· The web site is not meant as an alternative to the Blackboard Learning System. Class content and curriculum should be maintained within Blackboard.
· The web site content must not violate LLU policy. It is the responsibility of the researcher/school administration to ensure content is acceptable.
get an account, go to mssweb.llu.edu/access-request.pdf.
· Fill out the form and return to Del Webb room 107.
o On the form select “Other Access”.
o Fill in the explanation box denoting a research web account.
· Resweb accounts require the approval of the department chair.
will be given a username and password to the web server after the account is
can maintain your website by using an FTP client that supports FTPS.
· Examples of FTP clients that support FTPS are CuteFTP and FTP Voyager.
· Using your FTP client and the supplied credentials, FTPS to resweb.llu.edu. FTPS uses port 21.
· Set your FTP client for “SSL explicit encryption”.
· Upload your web files using FTPS to the web server.
· Make sure your first page is named index.htm or default.htm.
· To view your website, use a web browser and go to http://resweb.llu.edu/<your user name>